Electronic Waste Recycling Technology
With the advancement in technology, mankind has progressed a lot during the past few years. A few years back, we were just dealing with the recycling of liquid and solid waste. But with the technology taking the front seat in our lives, e-waste problem is also increasing at an alarming rate.
Although electronic gadgets have plenty of benefits over other machines, one of the biggest downsides of these gadgets is they have a short lifespan. People usually throw electronics when they are outmoded, or they find something more innovative.
All the outdated and useless electronic gadgets including TVs, refrigerators, electronic watches, cameras, printers, laptops, microwaves, radios, scanners, computers, cell phones and light bulbs are the causes of e-waste. All these unusable peripherals end up dumped into the landfills and result in harmful effects of e-waste on the environment.
The Electronic Waste Recycling Process
Recycling is only e-waste solution that is a two-step process;
In the Sorting process, the mass of electronic waste is separated into distinct material categories such as plastics, glass, metals, rubber, wood and so on. In e-waste, sorting is done according to components which require particular treatment, for example, cathode ray tubes, hard disks, mother-boards, camera lenses, cell-phone circuitry, batteries, CDs, flash disks, DVDs, switches, cables, processors and so on.
Treatment is a process in which groups of sorted electronic waste is processed through different processing units for recycling.
- Plastic materials are melted down into other useful items.
- Glass material is usually reused to in manufacturing of new cathode ray tube monitors.
- Mercury, a toxic substance is usually removed and reprocessed in dental practice
- Phosphorus obtained is used to make fertilizer.
- Wood from older electronics (radios, speakers and television sets) are shredded and used to make fuel material.
- Parts such as hard disks, made of aluminium are smelted and the metal produced is used in vehicle parts.
- Some metals such as barium, nickel and cadmium are mined through electrolysis process and reused in fortified steels and dry cells.
How you can help?
Customers are the end-users of the electronic gadgets; thus they play an effective role in the e-waste management plan. The enlisted below are useful steps that citizens can take for proper disposal of e-waste:
- Buy electronic products that contain fewer toxic components and are energy efficient.
- Purchase products that fall under the preview of appropriate disposal of e-waste, and ensure that they can be easily disposed of after their lifespan.
- Attend awareness seminar on e-waste management held by the government
For the proper disposal of e-waste, you can hire Scrapbuk, a fastest growing e-waste buyer that deal with all type e-waste in Tricity. The company ethically handles the e-waste.
To contact E-waste buyer, Call: 078143 00366 or visit our site at https://scrapbuk.com/